Bands/Artists We Love – Ryan Adams






A while back I posted about 10 of our favorite music artists….as expected, 10 was far too little. While I did include some of our obvious favorites like Paul Weller, Stone Foundation, Michael Head, The Beatles and Steve Pilgrim, some others who we play constantly and collect their releases passionately were left off…so decided to post a few more.

 

Bands/Artists We Love – Ryan Adams

 

I have been a Ryan Adams fan for about 20 years now and have been on a RA phase for the past 3 weeks.

I just love it when the bug for a certain artist hits me, in this case one I hadn’t really revisited his discography in quite a while. So listening back to all his albums now and digesting the 4 new albums hew released last year (of new material, besides the 2 covers albums he released...mind-blowing!), so let’s just say Mr. Adams has monopolized my music time lately.

 

My discovery of RA music came back in college, I remember going to see the movie Old School at the theater and listening to his song To Be Young in the opening scene of the movie. I was hooked instantly and had to wait till the credits to see who sang this song (this was pre Shazam). I went out the next day and got my first Ryan Adams album. The rest is history, I have collected every single album he’s released under his name, The Cardinals and Whiskeytown.

I can talk about every album for hours, but will single out one, one of my all-time fav albums (definitely on my all-time top 10…maybe even top 5!), which is his first album with The Cardinals, Cold Roses. This album is an absolute masterpiece, a country rock gem that everyone should listen to and own, even if you are not into country rock.

 

I got the chance to see Ryan live back in 2015. He was playing a show in Miami. While Ryan and the band were fantastic, the crowd wasn’t unfortunately, they were talking a lot and that rightfully bothered Ryan during the quiet songs (can’t blame him, I was very angry myself). 

Even though I definitely enjoyed the gig, I still haven’t crossed Ryan off my Concert Bucket list as I feel I need to give it another go, need to look for some redemption anywhere far from Miami lol.

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bands/Artists We Love – Michael Head/Shack

Bands/Artists We Love – The Rifles

Favorite Albums of the Decade - 2010's